CPCS A61 appointed person course is designed to provide comprehensive knowledge and skills to individuals that want to supervise and manage lifting operations on a construction site or any other environment that involves safety critical lifting operations.
This course is perfect for those that want to progress their career in the construction industry and obtain the necessary certification (CPCS) to supervise lifting operations safely and efficiently. In this blog post, we will discuss what you learn during this course, the benefits of doing this course, and how it can help you in your career.
What You Learn During This Course
The CPCS A61 appointed person course is a 5-day course that covers a range of topics related to lifting operations. Some of the key topics that you will cover during this course include:
- Observing regulations and Codes of Practice
- Following safe systems of work including method statements
- Taking personal responsibility
- Describing different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understanding crane documentation
- Understanding crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Appreciating tower cranes
- Observing British Standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes Guidelines sections 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Recognising the role of appointed persons
The course is delivered through a combination of theoretical and practical sessions, including classroom-based learning, case studies, and simulated lifting operations. You shall also receive practical exercises on how to use lifting equipment, including cranes, slings, and hoists.
Benefits of Doing This Course
- Improved Career Prospects: One of the biggest benefits of doing the CPCS A61 Appointed Persons course is that it can significantly improve your career prospects in the construction industry. Many construction companies require their employees to have this certification before they can work as an appointed person. Having this certification on your CV can make you stand out from other candidates and increase your chances of getting hired.
- Increased Safety: Another significant benefit of doing this course is that it can help you to supervise lifting operations safely and efficiently. You will learn about health and safety legislation related to lifting operations, risk assessment and hazard identification, and emergency procedures. This knowledge can help you to prevent accidents and ensure that lifting operations are carried out safely.
- Compliance: The CPCS A61 appointed persons course is recognized by the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS), which is the leading certification body for the construction industry in the UK. Obtaining this certification demonstrates that you are compliant with the latest health and safety regulations and industry standards.
- Personal Development: Doing this course can also help you to develop personally and professionally. You will gain valuable knowledge and skills that you can apply to your work and improve your performance. Additionally, the certification can give you a sense of achievement and boost your confidence in your abilities.
The CPCS A61 appointed persons course is an essential certification for anyone that wants to supervise lifting operations in the construction industry. During the course, you will learn about health and safety legislation related to lifting operations, risk assessment and hazard identification, and emergency procedures. Obtaining this certification can significantly improve your career prospects, increase safety, ensure compliance with industry standards, and help you develop personally and professionally. It is a valuable investment in your career that can provide long-term benefits. If you are looking to progress your career in the construction industry and supervise lifting operations, the CPCS A61 appointed person course is definitely worth considering.
You can secure your place on this course with a deposit of £100, click here to book or feel free to contact us to learn more or ask any questions.