SSSTS REFRESHER COURSE
£165.00 excl. vat
On successful completion of the SSSTS Refresher training course delegates will be able to:
• Understand problems currently highlighted in the industry within their role.
• Have an understanding of how health and safety law is currently structured
• Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
• Carry out site inductions, briefings, tool box talks and understand the need for method statements
• Improve communication routes within site activities.
At the end of the CITB SSSTS Refresher course, delegates are required to sit an exam paper consisting of 25 questions, of which 4 are safety-critical and require a short written answer. Multiple choice questions are worth 1 point each and safety-critical questions are worth 1-3 points each.
In order to pass the course, delegates MUST answer ALL of safety-critical questions correctly. The SSSTS Refresher Course pass rate is 80% (24 out of 30).
Delegates that successfully complete the assessment are awarded the CITB SSSTS – Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme certificate which is valid for 5 years.
Who Should Attend?
Any delegate with a current SSSTS certificate which is due to expire.
The Suggested progression should be the five-day CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) training course.
CITB – Construction Industry Training Board
Only those delegates that have passed the two-day Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide evidence of this are eligible to attend the one-day refresher course. Delegates must have passed the full SSSTS course within five years of their refresher course start date to be eligible.
A good understanding of spoken and written English will be necessary in order to attend and complete the course successfully.