The NPORS card that carries a CSCS logo proves that a candidate has taken the relevant CSCS test.
Like the red CPCS ‘Trained Operator card’, this NPORS card will require for a candidate to complete a CITB HS&E Operatives (CSCS) test prior to taking a theory and practical NPORS test.
Please be aware that your CSCS card may still be valid but your test may be older than two years! In this case, you will need to take a CSCS test.
We do conduct CSCS tests at our center as well.
If you are booking with less than 3 working days’ notice from the course start date, please ring 020 3150 1299 to confirm availability.
What you need to know:
Candidates must bring:
- Photo ID
- Two(2x) passport size photographs
- Full PPE
- CSCS Test (HS&E test) Pass letter
By the end of this course, the learner should be able to answer questions and perform the following:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify the operating controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers’ and legislative requirements
- Ensure that hoist-way protection is in place prior to use
- Check that all gates and safety devices function correctly, according to manufacturer’s recommendations
- Check the capacity of the hoist, loads and / or passengers
- Check emergency lowering devices for functionality
- Check for overhead hazards and take all necessary precautions
- Load and unload materials into and outof the hoist safely
- Prepare the hoist for goods and / or passengers
- Operate the hoist to the full range of its capabilities, loaded and unloaded
- Comply with signals
- Safely shut down the hoist and secure it
Our NPORS Plant & Machinery Marshal course Tutors/Testers are qualified and experienced Health and Safety professionals, with extensive experience in Construction Logistics and Risk Management.
All Trainers at EM Training Solutions hold numerous Health and Safety qualifications such as the NPORS, NEBOSH, CPCS, CSCS, IOSH, PGCSE etc which are well above the required industry standard to ensure that the delivery of the course is to the highest standard.
The candidate shall take a theory and practical NPORs test.
The Theory test is made up of 25 questions: 5 short written answers and 20 multiple choice questions.
The practical test involves guiding a vehicle/plant around a predetermined course using both radio and hand signals.
Upon passing the NPORS Hoist Operator Theory & Practical tests, the candidate shall receive a Trained Operator NPORS card within 5-15 working days.
We apply for the card; you do not have to lift a finger!
EM Training Solutions can also provide companies with NPORS Hoist Operator Training/Testing at their venue. An NPORS approved trainer/tester can be sent to the company address to deliver the course if there are a minimum of 4 candidates.
Please contact us on 020 3150 1299 for this service.
Group bookings attract discounts.
Please call 0203 150 1299 or email us at email@example.com for further information.