Candidates must have a valid CITB Health, Safety and Environment test for operatives (CSCS touchscreen test), taken within the past 2 years; please be aware that your CSCS card may still be valid but your test may be older than two years! In this case, you will need to take a CSCS test.
We do conduct CSCS tests at our center as well.
If you are booking with less than 3 working days’ notice from the course start date, please ring 020 3150 1299 to confirm this course.
What you need to know:
• You MUST have passed a CSCS test (Health, Safety, and Environment Test within the last 2 years) before taking any CPCS test; we provide a SAME DAY CSCS Test service!
• Candidates must bring photo ID in order to take their CPCS tests.
- Site induction
- Introduction to plant & vehicle marshalling including CPCS Test expectations
- Relevant Health and Safety legislation
- Roles and responsibilities of the plant & vehicle marshal.
- Plant types, limitations, hazards and stability factors.
- Traffic management plans and work management.
- Preparation for CPCS Theory Tests.
- Preparation for practical test (includes role play and vehicle movement) including:
- Safe positioning.
- Communication methods.
- Preparing for movement.
- How to guide plant and vehicle movement.
- Theory test
- Practical test
The training involves both theory and practical training at our approved CPCS test centre.
- Theory test- Verbal questioning by a CPCS approved tester
- Practical test- the candidate will guide a moving vehicle under observation by a CPCS approved tester
Note: from our experience, candidates stand a 90% chance of passing the exams if allowed a couple of days to internalise the content of day one. Consequently, we allow a couple of days between day one and day two.
Experienced operatives may take a much shorter time; please ask us about our experienced operative route for a shorter/cheaper course! We can be reached at email@example.com or by calling us on 020 3150 1299
Our CPCS A73 Traffic Marshal course tutors are qualified and experienced health and safety professionals, with extensive experience in Construction and Risk Management.
All Trainers at EM Training Solutions hold numerous health and safety qualifications such as the NEBOSH,CPCS,CSCS,IOSH, PGCSE etc which are well above the required industry standard to ensure that the delivery of the course is to the highest standard.
Upon passing the CPCS A73 Theory & Practical tests, the candidate immediately receives a ‘CPCS Letter or achievement’ followed by a Red Trained Operator CPCS card in 5-15 working days. We apply for the card; you do not have to lift a finger!
EM Training Solutions can also provide companies with CPCS A73 Traffic Marshal Training at their venue. A trainer can be sent to the company address and deliver the course if there are a minimum of 4 candidates. Please contact us on 020 3150 1299 for this service.
Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by the CPCS which stands for the Construction Plant Certification Scheme.
Are there any prerequisites for the Course?
There are no prerequisites for the course, but all delegates are expected to hold a CSCS test not older than 2 years ; please be reminded it is the test & NOT card.
What are the hours of the course?
The hours are 09:00 am to 05:00 pm for both weekend and weekday courses .
Can I come in and see you face to face as that would give me peace of mind?
Yes, absolutely ! For over 13 years , we have been encouraging our customers to have a face to face discussion with us regarding their unique needs.
Knowing that you are dealing with real people and not made up websites with stock images, will certainly put anyone’s mind at ease.
It will also give you the opportunity to meet some staff members or even your trainer if they are not delivering training at the time of your visit.
Group bookings attract discounts.
Please call 0203 150 1299 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.