This CPCS A62 Crane Supervisor training course provides thorough training to those supervising lifting operations and covers legislation controlling crane operations, including the LOLER and PUWER Regulations, the HASAWA and the British Standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes.
Please note that candidates must have successfully completed The Health Safety & Environment test for Specialist Supervisors within the past two years. You can book this with EM Training from here: CITB HS&E S RENEWAL TEST – EM Training Solutions
• The CPCS A62 Crane supervisor course runs over three(3) days.
• Course schedule: 07:30 am- 05:00 pm
This CPCS A62 Crane Supervisor course includes the following elements:
• Relevant legislation and Codes of Practice pertaining to the role of Crane Supervisor
• Roles and responsibilities of this role, as well as other related roles
• Appreciation of cranes types, capabilities and limitations. This includes commonly used terminology relating to crane use.
• Different types of lifting accessories and how they are used
• Crane at stability, safe loading and Safe Load indicators
• Planning a lifting operation and preparing the lift site
• Maintenance, inspections and thorough examination for lifting equipment and accessories
• Slinging techniques for given loads
• Communication methods for a range of lifting purposes
• Controlling lift operations from a given lift plan
• How to identify potential hazards and unsafe lifting operations
Our CPCS A62 Crane Supervisor Course tutors are qualified and experienced health and safety professionals, with extensive experience in Construction and Risk Management.
All Trainers at EM Training Solutions hold numerous health and safety qualifications such as the NEBOSH,CPCS,CSCS,IOSH, PGCSE etc which are well above the required industry standard to ensure that the delivery of the course is to the highest standard.
Successful candidates will receive the CPCS Red Card (Trained Operator) endorsed with the Crane Supervisor category. This is valid for 2 years per category; within this time, you must complete your NVQ to convert from the Red CPCS card to the Blue CPCS card. The Blue card is valid for 5 years.
EM Training Solutions can also provide companies with CPCS A62 Crane Supervisor Training at their venue. A trainer can be sent to the company address and deliver the course if there are a minimum of 4 candidates. Please contact us on 020 3150 1299 for this service.
Is this course accredited?
Yes, it is accredited by the CPCS which stands for the Construction Plant Certification Scheme.
Are there any prerequisites for the Course?
Candidates must have successfully completed The Health Safety & Environment test for Specialist Supervisors within the past two years. You can book this with EM Training from here: CITB HS&E S RENEWAL TEST – EM Training Solutions
What are the hours of the course?
The hours are 07:00 am to 05:00 pm for both weekend and weekday courses .
Can I come in and see you face to face as that would give me peace of mind?
Yes, absolutely ! For over 13 years , we have been encouraging our customers to have a face to face discussion with us regarding their unique needs.
Knowing that you are dealing with real people and not made up websites with stock images, will certainly put anyone’s mind at ease.
It will also give you the opportunity to meet some staff members or even your trainer if they are not delivering training at the time of your visit.
Group bookings attract discounts.
Please call 0203 150 1299 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.